Book Spine Poetry vol. 3: New York
The charismatic chaos of the city, captured in book spines.
By Maria Popova
It’s National Poetry Month and the book spine poetry fun continues with another installment, this time about New York.
People occupy everything
A glorious enterprise!
This is New York
The inadvertent poets:
- People by Blexbolex, one of the 11 best children’s books of 2011
- Occupy!: Scenes from Occupied America, edited by the team at n+1 and with cover design by the brilliant Kelli Anderson, my collaborator on the Curator’s Code project
- Blabber Blabber Blabber: Volume 1 of Everything by Lynda Barry
- Everything Sings: Maps for a Narrative Atlas by Denis Wood
- A Glorious Enterprise: The Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia and the Making of American Science , which celebrates 200 years of the Academy of Natural Sciences
- This Is New York by Miroslav Šašek, one of the most influential children’s picturebooks in history
Catch up on the first two installments, entitled The Future and Get Smarter.
Published April 20, 2012