Book Spine Poetry vol. 5: The Meaning of Life
Stumbling on happiness in pursuit of the unknown.
By Maria Popova
National Poetry Month might be over, but the celebration of book spine poetry doesn’t have to be. The latest installment tackles The Big One — the meaning of life.
- The Meaning of Life: Reflections in Words and Pictures on Why We Are Here by David Friend, who served as LIFE magazine’s director of photography in the 1990s
- Big Questions by Anders Nilsen
- Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt into Fuel for Brilliance by Jonathan Fields
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert, one of 7 essential books on the art and science of happiness
- In Pursuit of the Unknown: 17 Equations That Changed the World by Ian Stewart
Catch up on all previous book spine poems: The Future, Get Smarter, This is New York, and Music.
Published May 22, 2012