cancel recurring donation
If you need to cancel your recurring monthly donation — thank you for the support thus far! — here is how to do it. Please read attentively:
If you donate by credit or debit card, please go here and follow the steps.
If you donate via PayPal, please use this button:
If the button doesn’t work for you (PayPal is antiquated and imperfect), you must cancel manually by following these steps:
1. Log into your PayPal account.
2. Click “Profile” in the top right, then select “Profile and settings” from the menu that pops up.
3. Click “My money” in the menu on the left.
4. See “Preapproved payments” toward the bottom and click the “Update” link next to it.
5. Find Brain Pickings (the name by which The Marginalian was known for its first 15 years), click the blue link in the Merchant column, and click “Cancel.” And you’re done.
NOTE: These donation platforms are external services I use to be able to accept donations. The instructions on this page are the only ones that exist and all I have — they come from the services themselves. Please follow these steps instead of emailing me for help — there is no other help I could give you via email.